About This Terms of Service
The Impactify Terms of Service is a contract in electronic form (“Agreement”) between you (“you,” “your,” and “yourself”) and Impactify and its parents, Aina Media (“Impactify,” “we,” “us,” and “our”). It constitutes the terms and conditions for your use of the Impactify services (“Services”).
By using the Services or registering with us, you are agreeing to the Terms of Service and may use our Services as long as you comply with the Terms of Service.
The Impactify Services allows you, as a publisher, to offer and sell elements of a site or application that you designate for placement of ads to any advertiser, demand side platform or advertising network (“Advertisers”). Advertisers may display and serve their ads (“Ad(s)”) on Inventory made available via your sites and applications (“Site(s)”).
Access to the Services
Your use of the Services is subject to your creation and our approval of an Impactify account (an “Account”). We have the right to refuse or limit your access to the Services. By submitting an application to use the Services, if you are an individual, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. You may only have one Account.
Once the sign-up request has been sent, Impactify will verify that your Site is eligible to access our Services. We reserve the right to refuse access to our Services to any Site that does not fulfill our conditions, or that isn’t deemed likely, based on its marketing policies, to interest Advertisers. You will receive an email once your Account is approved. Confirmation of a sign-up in no way constitutes any form of approval or validation of the Site’s editorial content.
Once your Site has been approved, you will have direct access to tags in your Account that enable you to benefit from our Services. These tags have to be implemented on your Site to allow Ads to be aired.
Using our Services
You may use our Services only as permitted by this Agreement and any applicable laws. Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
You may discontinue your use of any Service at any time by removing the relevant tags from your Sites. In that case, please inform Impactify by sending us an email.
Once your Site has been approved, you accept not to drastically change its editorial content without formerly inform Impactify.
Impactify reserves the right to refuse Sites that do not respect its audience and editorial quality criteria, in its sole discretion.
Impactify will refuse Sites that publish content, or links to content, that are:
- (i) Pornographic, sexually explicit, or violent,
- (ii) Illegal (including stolen copyrighted material and material that infringes or has the potential to infringe the intellectual property rights of another),
- (iii) Reasonably likely to cause harm, or that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous,
- (iv) Breaches another’s privacy.
Changes to our Services and to the Agreement
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features of the Services at any time, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. At any time, Terms of Service can be subject to changes that will be directly published on this page. Changes will not apply retroactively and generally will become effective after they are posted. If you don’t agree to any modified terms in the Agreement, you’ll have to stop using the affected Services.
You will receive a payment for the applicable amounts determined by us for each Ad impression served on any of your Sites within 60 days after the end of each month in which the Ad impressions were served, subject to our prior receipt of valid payment and tax information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the amount accrued for the applicable month is less than $100 (USD), payment will be deferred until the month in which the cumulative balance owed to you exceeds $100 (USD).
You expressly accept, for the duration of the business relationship, the principle of self-billing (§289 I-2 of the French Tax Code), meaning that you authorize Impactify to issue an invoice in your name and on your behalf, whenever your Account balance shows a credit of $100 (USD) or more. Each invoice is accessible online on your Impactify Account. You will be informed by email whenever an invoice is available for viewing on your Account. Invoices may be disputed within 15 days of their issue. Otherwise they will be deemed in compliant and will be binding on the parties.
You expressly accept that payments will only be made by Impactify after we have been paid by Advertisers. Payments to you may be withheld or adjusted to reflect and to exclude any amounts refunded or credited to Advertisers and any amounts arising from invalid activity, as determined by Impactify in its sole discretion. Invalid activity is determined by Impactify in all cases and includes, but is not limited to,
- (i) spam, invalid queries, invalid impressions or invalid clicks on Ads generated by any person, bot, automated program or similar device, including through any clicks or impressions originating from your IP addresses or computers under your control;
- (ii) clicks solicited or impressions generated by payment of money, false representation, or requests for end users to click on Ads or take other actions;
- (iv) clicks or impressions co-mingled with a significant amount of the activity described in (i, ii, and iii) above.
To ensure proper payment, you are responsible for providing and maintaining accurate contact, payment and tax information in your Account. You are responsible for any charges assessed by your bank or payment provider.
As between you and Impactify, Impactify is responsible for all taxes (if any) associated with the transactions between Impactify and Advertisers in connection with Ads displayed on your Sites. You are responsible for all taxes (if any) associated with the Services, other than taxes based on Impactify’s net income. All payments to you from Impactify in relation to the Services will be treated as inclusive of tax (if applicable) and will not be adjusted.
Intellectual Property; Brand Features
Other than as set out expressly in the Agreement, neither party will acquire any right, title or interest in any intellectual property rights belonging to the other party or to the other party’s licensors.
If Impactify provides you with software in connection with the Services, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license for use of such software. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Impactify, in the manner permitted by the Agreement. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission. You will not remove, obscure, or alter Impactify’s copyright notice, Brand Features, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within any Impactify services, software, or documentation.
We may include your name and Brand Features in our presentations, marketing materials, customer lists and financial reports.
You agree not to disclose Impactify Confidential Information without our prior written consent. “Impactify Confidential Information” includes:
- (i) all Impactify software, technology and documentation relating to the Services;
- (ii) click-through rates or other statistics relating to your Sites performance as pertaining to the Services;
- (iii) the existence of, and information about, beta features in a Service; and
- (iv) any other information made available by Impactify that is marked confidential or would normally be considered confidential under the circumstances in which it is presented.
Impactify Confidential Information does not include information that you already knew prior to your use of the Services, that becomes public through no fault of yours, that was independently developed by you, or that was lawfully given to you by a third party.
You may terminate your Account at any time. If you terminate your Account and your earned balance equals or exceeds the applicable threshold, we will pay you your earned balance within approximately 90 days after the end of the calendar month in which the Agreement is terminated. Any earned balance below the applicable threshold will remain unpaid.
If Impactify signed contracts with Advertisers serving Ads on your Site for a period beyond the date of termination, you will allow Impactify to keep serving these Ads on your Site for a maximal period of 90 days from the date of termination. In that event, the terms of this Agreement, including payment arrangements, will continue to apply after termination and until the end of the serving of these Ads.
Impactify may at any time terminate your Account, or suspend or terminate the participation of any Site in the Services for any reason. If we terminate the Agreement due to your breach or due to invalid activity, we may withhold unpaid amounts or charge back your Account. If you breach the Agreement or Impactify suspends or terminates your Account, you
- (i) will not be allowed to create a new Account, and
- (ii) may not be permitted to monetize content on other Impactify products.
You agree to indemnify and defend Impactify, its affiliates, agents, and Advertisers from and against any and all third-party claims and liabilities arising out of or related to your Sites, including any content served on your Sites that is not provided by Impactify, your use of the Services, or your breach of any term of the Agreement.
Representations; Warranties; Disclaimers
You represent and warrant that
- (i) you have full power and authority to enter into the Agreement;
- (ii) you are the owner of, or are legally authorized to act on behalf of the owner of, each Site;
- (iii) you are the technical and editorial decision maker in relation to each Site on which the Services are implemented and that you have control over the way in which the Services are implemented on each Site;
- (iv) Impactify has never previously terminated or otherwise disabled an Impactify Account created by you due to your breach of the Agreement or due to invalid activity;
- (v) entering into or performing under the Agreement will not violate any agreement you have with a third party or any third-party rights; and
- (vi) all of the information provided by you to Impactify is correct and current.
Other than as expressly set out in the Agreement, we do not make any promises about the Services. For example, we don’t make any commitments about the content within the Services, the specific function of the Services or their profitability or availability. We provide each service “as is”.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, express, statutory or implied. We expressly disclaim the warranties or conditions of noninfringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
You agree to ensure that the content of your Site remains in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Impactify, from any and all liability arising out of any breach of law by you. You agree to update any information concerning you, your Site or your company on your Account in order for Impactify to correctly edit Invoices.
You will not assign or transfer any rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent. The Services may be assigned by each party to a third party acquiring shares or activity of the transferring party through corporate sale, acquisition or merger. It is also understood that the Assignment could be assigned by Impactify to one of its affiliated companies. In addition, you warrant that any third party acquiring the rights on your Site shall be subrogated to the customer’s claim under these Terms of Service and that you will indemnify Impactify from all costs, damages and prejudices as a result of your failure of the subrogation by the third party.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that the ads served by Impactify under this Agreement were not created by Impactify and we will not be responsible or liable for these Ads.
Impactify shall not be liable for any loss, costs or damage suffered by the customer or any third party, whether directly or indirectly, for using the Services. Impactify disclaims any and all liability for direct or indirect damages caused by loss of data or the accidental spread of viruses, malfunctions on the publisher’s website due to the insertion of advertisement tags, or unlawful conduct. Impactify disclaims any and all liability for any shortfall and deficiencies.
To the extent permitted by law, except for any indemnification obligations hereunder or your breach of any intellectual property rights, confidentiality obligations and/or proprietary interests relating to the Agreement,
- (i) in no event shall either party be liable under the Agreement for any consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, or punitive damages whether in contract, tort or any other theory, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages and notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy, and
- (ii) each party’s aggregate liability under the Agreement is limited to the net amount received and retained by that particular party in connection with this Agreement during the three month period immediately preceding the date of the claim. Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into the Agreement relying on the limitations of liability stated herein and that those limitations are an essential basis of the bargain between the parties.
The Agreement is our entire agreement relating to your use of the Services and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements on that subject.
Independent Contractors. The parties are independent contractors and the Agreement does not create an agency, partnership, or joint venture.
No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement does not create any third-party beneficiary rights.
No Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of the Agreement will not constitute a waiver.
Severability. If it turns out that a particular term of the Agreement is not enforceable, the balance of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for inadequate performance to the extent caused by a condition (for example, natural disaster, act of war or terrorism, riot, labor condition, governmental action, and Internet disturbance) that was beyond the party’s reasonable control.